Being Transformed into HIS Image

"All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him." 2 Corinthians 3:18 (MSG)



Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pride Makes the Panties Fall

Most of my spankings now are for attitude and disrespect. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly a spanking can improve my attitude and restore our relationship to a proper balance. Nearly always before I earn a spanking, I've developed resentment over something Ramon did or didn't do. Usually, it's something insignificant that I should have just let go, but I seem to get this vague feeling of discontent and smoldering anger that I have a hard time getting rid of, and that comes out as a disrespectful attitude. I think I also get proud, thinking I have some small moral superiority over him, since his flaws are so glaringly obvious to me. A spanking gets rid of my pride and helps me see my own flaws, which are usually worse than the things I was nitpicking him about. It puts things in perspective for me.

Of course, sometimes it takes me longer to see where I'm wrong. Today, Ramon said he was going to spank, and I argued that I didn't really mean what I had said. He took my pants down and started anyway. When it hurt more than I liked, I jumped up, still feeling like what I said wasn't that big of a deal and that he was overreacting. He then lectured me about my attitude and some other things, and I realized he was right. Then he told me to take down my pants again and bend over the bed. The moment I obeyed, all of my pride was gone, and I could submit from my heart. 


As usual, when it was over I felt much more respectful toward Ramon. I also felt more loving towards him. All the tension was gone, and we were back to a harmonious relationship. I'm so glad (now) that Ramon followed through with his intent to spank, even when I tried to get out of it. It was exactly what I needed, and I love him more for it. The Bible says that "Pride goes before a fall." In our case, pride makes my panties fall.

8 comments:

  1. Really funny saying.

    I'm often torn at times like this. I want to explain clearly to Lynda why she gets a spanking. But I don't want to negotiate or even try to convince her I'm right. And even if she doesn't understand, the arrangement is that she gets one anyway.

    Glad you and he got resolved

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could really relate to not letting go of resentments...it's hard isn't it? Sometimes i think I have gotten over something, but he'll say something that triggers my discontent and then I'll get sassy. I have to work on my bad feelings so that it doesn't become disrespect. It's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not as easy thing to submit. I think you are doing great with this. Lucky you having a husband who follows though. I was spanked twice last week for moodiness and it does always lift the mood.

    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to blogging and would love if you'd stop by my new blog

    http://kitty-sweetsurrender.blogspot.com/

    I hope you don't mind my asking, but how long have you and your husband been involved with DD or whatever you call it?
    And whose idea was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty, I don't imagine that you'll be back to read this after exactly one year, but here are your answers. And, yes, I will check out your blog.

      We started DD about four years ago, after I brought it to him. So, it was my idea. However, Ramon spanked me many times during the early years of our marriage, beginning a few weeks before the wedding. So, in a sense, we've always been a DD couple.

      Delete
  5. Are you going to blog again? Hope you return.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been nearly a year since the last comment was made here. I'm sorry that I failed to reply to any of you. I started a new job a few weeks after the above blog post, and it was a busy time. The past year has been challenging, and I guess I just didn't have time or interest in writing on here. I may try to start up again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fantastic to hear other people’s experiences with a lifestyle situation that is so honest and real

    ReplyDelete